Umberg/Zipser LLP (U/Z) is proud to announce that Priti Phukan, Ph.D. has been recognized as a 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star for Intellectual Property. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state.
Priti concentrates her practice on patent and trademark prosecution across various technology industries, including chemistry, life sciences, diagnostics, medical devices, and mechanical engineering. Priti began her career as a chemist and molecular biologist and then ultimately made the choice to start her career in patent law in 2012.
In addition to Priti’s recognition, the following U/Z attorneys have been recognized in the 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers list:
- Mark Finkelstein for Intellectual Property Litigation;
- Scott Garner for Professional Liability: Defense;
- Carole Reagan for Business Litigation;
- Mei Tsang for Intellectual Property; and
- Dean Zipser for Business Litigation. Dean has also been recognized as a 2020 Top 50 Orange County Lawyer and Top 100 Southern California Lawyer.
Super Lawyers’ annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.