Umberg/Zipser LLP (U/Z) is proud to announce that attorneys Mark Finkelstein, Scott Garner, Carole Reagan, Adina Stowell, Mei Tsang, Thomas Umberg and Dean Zipser have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, and that Brent Colasurdo has been recognized as a Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch.”
In addition, Scott Garner and Dean Zipser have each been recognized as a 2022 Orange County “Lawyer of the Year,” for Intellectual Property Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation, respectively. The Lawyer of the Year is awarded to individual lawyers with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is given this recognition per each specialty and location.
The firm’s attorneys ranked in the following practice areas:
- Mark Finkelstein was again selected in the fields of “Commercial Litigation,” “Litigation – Intellectual Property,” “Litigation – Patent” and “Trademark Law” and has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2016. Finkelstein was recognized as Lawyer of the Year in Orange County for “Trademark Law” in 2021.
- Scott Garner has been selected for “Commercial Litigation” and “Litigation – Intellectual Property” since 2020. Garner has also been recognized by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year in Orange County for “Litigation – Intellectual ” in 2022.
- Carole Reagan was again selected for “Litigation – Intellectual Property” and “Commercial Litigation,” and has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2013.
- Adina Stowell was again selected for “Litigation – Intellectual Property” and “Litigation – Real Estate,” and has been listed since 2019.
- Mei Tsang was again selected for “Copyright ,” her second consecutive listing.
- Tom Umberg was again selected for “Commercial Litigation” and “Litigation – Real Estate,” and has been on the list since 2008.
- Dean Zipser was again selected for “Bet-the-Company Litigation,” “Commercial Litigation,” “Litigation – Banking and Finance,” “Litigation – Intellectual Property” and “Litigation – Real Estate,” and has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2008. In addition to his recognition as the 2022 Lawyer of the Year for “Bet-the-Company Litigation” Zipser was also recognized by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year in Orange County for that category in 2014, and as Lawyer of the Year for “Litigation – Intellectual Property” in 2017.
- Brent Colasurdo was again selected to the Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” list for Intellectual Property Law. These awards recognize extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States.
In addition to the recognition of its individual lawyers, U/Z has been named as one of the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers each year since the firm’s inception. In 2021, the firm received four Tier One rankings, in Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, and Real Estate Litigation. The firm also received recognition in the areas of Banking & Finance Litigation, Patent Litigation and Trademark Law. Read more here.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. 105,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and they have received 11+ million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, millions of votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 65,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”