Umberg/Zipser LLP (U/Z) is proud to announce that attorneys Mark Finkelstein, Scott Garner, Carole Reagan, Adina Stowell, Mei Tsang, Thomas Umberg and Dean Zipser have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America© 2021. In addition, Mark Finkelstein has been recognized as the Orange County Attorney of the Year and Brent Colasurdo listed in the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
- Finkelstein was again selected in the fields of “Commercial Litigation,” “Litigation – Intellectual Property,” “Litigation – Patent” and “Trademark Law” and has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2016. Finkelstein was recognized as the 2021 Lawyer of the Year in Orange County for “Trademark Law.”. The Lawyer of the Year is awarded to individual lawyers with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is given this recognition per each specialty and location.
- Garner was again selected for “Commercial Litigation” and “Litigation – Intellectual Property.”
- Reagan was again selected for “Litigation – Intellectual Property” and “Commercial Litigation,” and has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2013.
- Stowell was again selected for “Litigation – Intellectual Property” and “Litigation – Real Estate,” and has been listed since 2019.
- Tsang has been selected this year for “Copyright Law.”
- Umberg has been listed since 2008, and was selected for “Commercial Litigation” and “Litigation – Real Estate.”
- Zipser was again selected for “Bet-the-Company Litigation,” “Commercial Litigation,” “Litigation – Banking and Finance,” “Litigation – Intellectual Property” and “Litigation – Real Estate,” and has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2008. Zipser has been recognized by Best Lawyers as the Lawyer of Year in Orange County for “Litigation – Intellectual Property” in 2017, and for “Bet-the-Company Litigation” in 2014.
- Colasurdo was selected this year to the Best Lawyers’ “Ones to Watch” list for Intellectual Property Law. These awards recognize extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States.
In addition, U/Z is consistently recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers. In 2020, the firm received three Tier One rankings in Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, and Real Estate Litigation, as well as recognition in the areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Banking & Finance Litigation and Patent Litigation.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. 105,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and they have received 11+ million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, millions of votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 65,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”