Umberg/Zipser LLP (U/Z) is proud to announce that Priti Phukan, Ph.D. has been recognized as a 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star for Intellectual Property. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state.
Priti concentrates her practice on patent and trademark prosecution across various technology industries, including chemistry, life sciences, diagnostics, medical devices, and mechanical engineering. She began her career as a chemist and molecular biologist and then ultimately made the choice to start her career in patent law in 2012.
In addition to Priti’s recognition, the following U/Z attorneys have been recognized in the 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers list:
- Mark Finkelstein – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Scott Garner – Professional Liability: Defense
- Carole Reagan – Business Litigation
- Mei Tsang – Intellectual Property
- Thomas Umberg – Business Litigation
- Dean Zipser – Business Litigation. Dean was also recognized again as a 2021` Top 50 Orange County Lawyer and Top 100 Southern California Lawyer.
Super Lawyers’ annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.