Ellen S. Kim
Ellen Kim is an Associate at Umberg/Zipser LLP where she focuses her practice in complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Ellen was an Associate at Jones Day. Ellen also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Diana Saldaña in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and to the Honorable Robert Huie in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Ellen attended law school at the University of California, Berkeley, where she served as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Asian American Law Journal and a Supervising Editor for the California Law Review. Ellen also competed as a member of the Berkeley Law Trial Team and volunteered at the Workers’ Rights Clinic, a student-initiated legal service project. Ellen holds two Bachelor of Arts degrees, one in English and the other in Political Science, both obtained from Rice University.
Ellen is fluent in Korean.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2019
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Asian American Law Journal
- Supervising Editor, California Law Review
- Rice University, B.A., English and Political Science, summa cum laude, 2013
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Commercial Litigation
- Member, Public Law Center Advocates
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers