Jason Tejani concentrates his practice on patent prosecution and intellectual property (IP) transactional matters. Prior to his legal career, he was a chemist at a global chemical company. He has vast experience across various industries, including chemical, life sciences, material, semiconductor, healthcare, automotive and aerospace, and guides organizations to responsibly utilize resources in the pursuit of meaningful IP protection.
Jason prepares and prosecutes patent applications, manages domestic and global patent portfolios, structures license and royalty agreements, and advises clients strategically, knowing that the proper management of IP should further business goals, not vice versa. He also has experience in managing disputes relating to joint development relationships, IP ownership, and inventorship.
Jason is considered a thought leader in IP law and is regularly invited to speak for leading entities such as Harvard Medical School. He is a creative problem solver who believes that understanding the client and the nature of their business is the foundation of any lasting relationship.
- Wayne State University J.D. 2014
- Oakland University M.S. 2010 Chemistry
- Michigan State University B.S. (dual degree) 2007 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Counseling, Prosecution and Portfolio Management
- Intellectual Property Transactions and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Enforcement and Litigation
- “IP Basics For Academic Researchers,” WMed Innovation Center, Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, May 3, 2021
- “Biodesign Innovation: Intellectual Property Basics,” Harvard HealthTech Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, March 24, 2021
- “Intellectual Property Basics,” MIT-HMS Healthcare Innovation Bootcamp, Harvard Medical School, November 18, 2020
- “Patents: The Basics & Strategy,” Michigan State University Conquer Accelerator Virtual Seminar, October 6, 2020
- “Biodesign Innovation: Intellectual Property Basics,” Harvard HealthTech Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, April 22, 2020
- “Introduction to Intellectual Property Agreements and Licensing,” MichBio Webinar, July 17, 2019