Mei has an international intellectual property practice focused on helping clients formulate their IP strategy, and shepherding their IP through various business cycles to achieve their business goals worldwide. Mei has substantial experience in patent and trademark portfolio development, and in all aspects of IP enforcement, including negotiation, licensing, and litigation at various courts at the federal, state, and administrative levels. Her clients also depend on her multicultural background and language abilities (Mandarin and Cantonese) to help them expand and navigate their IP strategy worldwide. Mei has been named to the prestigious Best Lawyers in America® list for Copyright Law since 2021, and has been ranked as a Southern California “Super Lawyer” since 2017.
Mei currently serves on the Board of Directors for both the Orange County Bar Association (OCBA) and the Charitable Fund, and as co-chair of OCBA’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Mei also served as co-chair for the 2018 Charitable Fund’s Annual Raise Your Glass event. Mei is also Secretary of Community Legal Aid SoCal.
Mei has two active boys and a creative husband Steve. They love being in Orange County enjoying the riches this county has to offer, and also love to travel around the world.
- University of Illinois, J.D.
- University College of London, International Law Certificate
- Purdue University, B.S., Biology
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Litigation and Enforcement
- Patent Prosecution and Enforcement
- Trademark Prosecution and Enforcement
- Copyright Prosecution and Enforcement
- Licensing and Agreement Work
- Secretary, Community Legal Aid SoCal
- Board Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Board Member, Orange County Bar Association Charitable Fund
- Co-Chair, Orange County Bar Association Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Executive Council Member, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Subcommittee Chair, International Trademark Association, Anti-Counterfeiting Committee
- Former Chair, Orange County Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Technology Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers in America (2021 & 2022)
- Women of Influence Award (2016)
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2017-2021)
- Hardest Working Mom of Orange County (2014)