Molly Magnuson is an experienced, results-oriented litigation attorney. Molly’s experience comes not only from working for significant clients, but also from working in some of America’s top law firms, which has created exposure to high-stakes, complex commercial litigation.
Molly’s extensive experience representing clients in a variety of complex business litigation cases includes the specialties of trademark, trade secrets, entertainment, class actions, professional malpractice, and complex contract and commercial litigation. Molly’s clients have enjoyed not only insightful and strategic litigation guidance, but also her extensive trial experience. Molly honed her litigation skills and built her experience at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, one of the country’s top law firms, in addition to a major California-based firm, One LLP.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts
- Loyola Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, Senior Editor,
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Lawrence W. Crispo, Los Angeles Superior Court
- State Bar of California
- US District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California, and the District of Arizona
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Tax Court
- Complex Contract and Commercial Litigation
- Trademark, Copyright, Trade Dress and Trade Secret Litigation
- Entertainment Litigation
- Class Actions
- Professional Malpractice
- Representation of a major footwear and clothing brand in trial involving issues of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and alleged fraud. Jury trial lasted five weeks and resulted in a successful outcome and exoneration of corporate client.
- Representation of a major apparel brand in a trademark infringement action brought against a competitor. Jury trial in the Central District of California resulted in verdict in favor of client.
- Representation of a major law firm in defense against of legal malpractice claims. The jury rendered a verdict completely absolving client of the allegations.
- Representation of a global leader in the development of innovative pharmaceutical and medical device products in a federal trial in the Central District of California. Client sued to protect its product by alleging misappropriation of trade secrets against a major competitor and verdict rendered in favor client.
- Representation of a major clothing manufacturer in arbitration for a significant dispute over valuable licensing rights. The arbitration resulted in total victory for the client, as well as attorneys’ fees.
- Representation of the owners of an investment company with significant commercial property assets in arbitration against management company. Allegations in the trial included breach of contract and fraud, which resulted in verdicts in client’s favor.
- Representation of a national automotive repair franchise company and its parent company in dispute brought by the landlord of one of its premises in fraud and breach of contract action. After a two-week jury trial, the jury returned a verdict resulting in a complete victory for client, including attorneys’ fees.
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Southern California “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, published in Los Angeles Magazine 2011-2016